You very much enjoy wine tasting and quality wine, but you’re not an expert yet? You’re invited to a friend’s home but you don’t know which wine to bring as a gift? You’re preparing a special dinner and you want to find the perfect wine to go with the various dishes? If you want the right wine for every situation, you need to consult a real wine expert: the Vivino app.
Have you experienced the flood of indecision striking when you face deciding which bottle to choose? Forget about that. The Vivino app is one of the world’s best wine applications: it tells you everything there is to know about every label, making you immediately feel more confident about your wine knowledge.
Available both for Android and iOS, Vivino is a superb guide that will explain all the characteristics of every wine, and continuously broaden your knowledge. A digital enologist that you can consult simply and quickly at any moment: when confronted by the packed shelves of a wine shop or a supermarket, when invited to dinner and you want to bring an impressive wine with you, or when you feel the desire to try a new wine and simply don’t know how to resolve the overwhelming embarrassment of choice.
How does the Vivino app work?
Once you’ve downloaded it from the store of your smartphone’s operative system, you only have to take a photo of any bottle of wine’s label to obtain information including:
- production region and grape varieties
- average retail price
- suggestions for accompanying food
- ideal drinking temperature.
But this app’s wine recognition options don’t end there. Precisely because it is aimed at all wine enthusiasts, whether those always on the lookout for new or rare tastes or those approaching wine culture for the first time, the Vivino app – thanks to its database of 50 million reviews – also offers you:
- the possibility of finding out the nearest place to buy a wine present in its database, thanks to geolocation technology
- a personalised Wines page where the labels you have scanned are stored, so that you can later use them to search for further online information on any of these wines
- a Recommendations page, where the 25 wines obtaining the highest average quality score over a certain period of time are listed. This classification also takes into account relative prices, organised into two different categories: those costing less than €15 a bottle and those costing more
- the possibility for you to insert information about yourself on a Personal Profile page.